*** Please be aware that the customer may be subject to a $14 fee if there is an error in the shipping address or if the shipment has to be re-routed. The customer is responsible for accuracy in submitted orders. In the event a fee is issued, the customer’s card will be charged and the customer will be notified via email.***
***Please Note that orders requiring OVERNIGHT delivery MUST BE RECEIVED BY 12PM THURSDAY for FRIDAY delivery. For Saturday or Sunday delivery, please contact us. FEDEX ONLY PROVIDES OVERNIGHT DELIVERY MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY***
***ROUTE INSURANCE REQUIRED ON ALL ORDERS OVER $200***
We currently ship to the following states:
Arizona - Overnight or 1 day via GLS ONLY
California - Overnight via GLS, 1 day via FedEx
Florida Wine Only (Excluding the dry counties of Lafayette, Liberty, & Washington) - 4-5 days via FedEx
- Oregon - 2-3 days via FedEx, 1-2 days via GLS
Washington - GLS Shipping ONLY - 2 days via GLS
Wyoming - 2-3 Days via FedEx
District of Columbia - 4-5 Days via FedEx
ADULT SIGNATURE (21+) REQUIRED UPON DELIVERY
No sale of alcoholic beverages will be made to any person under the age of 21. Delivery carrier will require proof of age and an adult signature. Freight calculations are estimated and include: freight and packaging within the continental US.
Shipping & Return Policies: Reference FAQs
- Shipping and handling charges may vary and will be adjusted prior to shipping, and such shipping charges are not refundable.
- A basic insurance is offered through Route, underwritten by Lloyds of London, is NOT opted-in by default, so customers MUST opt-in at checkout to have it added to each order as an additional charge. This covers breakage during transport and not ullage or any other problems that occur during transport. The insurance covers only the cost associated with the purchased product(s) excluding taxes & shipping. Holiday Wine Cellar is now requiring insurance on shipments over $200 in value for the protection of the customer. If the value of the shipment is less than $200, and the user opts-out of purchasing the Route+ insurance at the time of checkout, your purchase has zero (0) coverage. If you have any questions or concerns please contact our shipping department at 1(888)492-1965. If your item is damaged, defective upon receipt, please take pictures of the packaging as you received it and the contents inside and file your claim at claims.route.com. If you have received the wrong item email us pictures of the packaging, its' contents, and the your packing slip to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Products cannot be shipped to APO, FPO, or PO Boxes.
- Forwarding companies are not permitted as a shipping destination without prior notice and approval.
- All sales are final. No refunds will be issued. Should a refund be in order, a store credit will be offered at our discretion on an order by order basis. ANY cancellation will be subject to a 15% or $10 restocking fee (whichever is lesser). Once a shipping label is created the shipping fees are NON-refundable.
- There are absolutely NO returns on opened bottles.
- If you, the customer, should change your mind about an order already placed, but not yet shipped, or would like to add or remove items to a pre-existing order before shipping, please call us toll free at 1-888-HWC-1965. Once a shipping label is created the shipping fees are NON-refundable.
- If your order has already shipped, and you still wish to cancel or change your order, please refuse the package upon delivery. Since every package requires a signature from someone twenty-one (21) years of age or older, you should have no concerns of the delivery of a package you intend to refuse. A store credit will be added to your Holiday Wine Cellar user account once the package has been returned, less the original shipping and handling charges, and return shipping and handling charges.
- A submitted order does not guarantee shipment. All order must be verified through our security feature, and no order will ship until it is verified.
- Express shipping, 2nd day shipping and overnight shipping applies to shipping times only and doesn't include verification, packaging and prep time. HWC will do everything in our power to ship ASAP.
- GSO/UPS/FedEx will make 3 attempts to deliver before returning to HWC. These returned products will be subject to a 15% restocking fee and the cost of freight.
- All shipping prices are estimated and are based on the destination, and the size and weight of goods being shipped. **Larger bottles and items with special packaging will require additional shipping cost.**
- Certain items with odd sizes or shapes will have an additional $5 handling charge included in the shipping price. This is so we can take extra precaution shipping these typically rare or limited items.
- When ordering, please make sure that your billing address corresponds with the billing address your issuing credit card bank has on file for you.
- Occasionally, some items are "Out of Stock" and your order will be not be shipped until all items are ready; those missing items can be credited back, substituted, or most cases restocked. Items do not show back-order status on the web so if you need your items by a certain date, please call the store for availability before you submit your order.
- Prices are subject to change without notice. HWC reserves the right to cancel orders if the posted price is erroneous.
- Some products might be weather sensitive. We strongly recommend and can arrange next day air freight for these items. We do not recommend ground delivery for wines due to the potential for heat exposure. We cannot be responsible for damaged wines due to the selection of ground delivery. It is NOT our responsibility for wines after they leave our warehouse. We will hold wines at no additional charge until temperature condition are more suitable for shipping if requested.
- Certain products may have special boxes, packaging, or other valuable pieces that may be included by other merchants selling the same product. While we strive to maintain accuracy on the item pictures and descriptions, it is the responsibility of the purchaser to confirm that the item is being sold with all the desired pieces and parts they are looking for prior to ordering. Please contact us via phone or email, and we'll gladly check the stock for you.
Need your order before an upcoming holiday? Use the schedule below as a reference.
Generally we recommend shipping 10 days ahead to ensure that everything you need for your celebration is in your hands.
Place your order by:
Thanksgiving Nov 23, 2023
November 12, 2023
Christmas Dec 25, 2023
December 12, 2023
New Year's Jan 1, 2024
December 19, 2023
Note: These "order by" dates are recommended for those shipping Ground. You may still ship after these recommended dates, but to guarantee arrival before the holiday, you may have to select an express shipping option.
Legal Disclaimer: The buyer assumes liability of the alcoholic beverage once purchased. By arranging for transportation of the alcohol, we are providing a service to and acting on behalf of the purchaser. We make no representation to the legal rights of anyone to ship or import any alcohol into any state. The buyer is solely responsible for the shipment of alcohol and other goods purchased and for determining the legality and the tax/duty consequences of having the alcohol shipped to him or her. If a buyer lives in a state where the direct shipment of alcohol by Holiday Wine Cellar violates the law, we suggest that the buyer provide an alternative address in another state or have their wine shipped to a third-party storage facility in a direct alcohol shipping-friendly state.
By placing this order, you authorize us to act on your behalf to engage a common carrier to deliver your order to your selected designation. Holiday Wine Cellar will arrange for shipment on behalf of the buyer, to an address specified by the buyer, provided that Holiday Wine Cellar in its sole judgment believes that such shipment will not subject Holiday Wine Cellar to the risk of any sort of legal action or other harm. Non-California residents are responsible for determining whether they may lawfully import alcoholic beverages into their state. Each state has its own rules about alcoholic beverage delivery. You may want to check with the appropriate agency in your state or county. See NCSL Direct Alcohol Shipment Laws by State
In the event that between the date of order and date of arrival, the alcohol laws of your state change so as to make it illegal for you to import your alcohol shipment, you can return the order for a full refund. You will however, be charged for shipping and handling of the alcohol product.