The 2016 Keenan Napa Valley Zinfandel is made up of grapes grown primarily on Keenan's Spring Mountain District estate. The Estate portion (85%) of the Zinfandel imparts structure, ripe black fruit, and complex earthy nuances. Zinfandel grown in Calistoga makes up the remainder (15%) of the blend and supplies spice and briary red fruit aromas. The finished wine shows intense black cherry and raspberry fruit in the nose, while hints of black pepper and vanilla add complexity. This is a rich, full-bodied Zinfandel that will accompany a wide array of foods, but especially barbecued -- smoky barbecued flavor is a great match for the Keenan Zin.
Varietal Composition: 100% Zinfandel
Appellation: Napa Valley AVA
Aging: 18 months in French and American oak barrels
Production: 609 cases